Quote of the Month

August, 2013: lost in space- "...you are the one thing that keeps me smiling, that's why i'm always wishing hard for you. 'cause your light shines so bright, i don't feel no solitude. you are my first star at night, i'd be lost in space without you." - Lighthouse Family

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

peta

PETA Theater is scheduled to stage a new Pinoy musical "Ako Si Josephine". This show will feature the songs of Yeng Constantino and will run Sept 8- Oct 9. 

I am excited to watch. The production will be the same team who made Rak of Aegis possible. I know nothing yet about the plot but I sure know Yeng's songs. That alone, I am thrilled. I am eager to know how her heartfelt songs will be used to deliver an authentic Pinoy musical. :)

With this in mind, I got reminded of the last musical I watched in PETA. I wrote the below article in March but for whatever reason, I was not able to finalize and thus left unpublished. I am posting this now as if I watched it last weekend. :D


March 5, 2016
3 Stars And A Sun, The Musical


3 Stars And A Sun, The Musical

I am aware this musical is staging for quite some time already but I was not really inclined to watch. Until my favorite aunt invited me to a saturdate and she proposed to watch the play.  Knowing this aunt’s interests, I know she would highly enjoy theater. So I agreed. After all, I can survive theater no matter how less inclined I am. We watched last March 5.

The vibe in PETA theater is always a breath of fresh air. It is not the usual crowd I belong and thus, perfect for a unique weekend treat. That was also the first time I’d be out for an artsy affair with my aunt. Usually, we go out for dinner but that Saturday was different. 

With little knowledge what the show is all about, I was hesitant to watch because I am not really a fan of Francis M.  I heard the musical is about his songs thus, it was easy for me to dismiss the idea. Until that night I was inside the theater and was dumbfounded right at the opening act! It was very effective. I was hooked till the end.

I am surprised this play did not make waves on social media as much as Rak of Aegis. Probably because the theme of this musical is a lot serious (and so are Francis M’s songs) as compared to the popular and novelty numbers of Aegis.

The plot is very timely and relevant especially that we are on election season. This is a very good original Filipino musical play with strong socio-political message. Lines are beautiful. I give credit to the librettist. Made me listen intently. I got chills several times. The cast is superb especially Kuya Bodjie (yes, si Kuya Bodjie na kilala mo). Epic. I only have praises for his superb performance.

I am grateful I agreed to join my Aunt that Saturday. I found a renewed sense of patriotism when I got out of the theater. Kudos.

(The musical run ended 6th of March. I watched it March 5.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me: like fireflies to the moon.