![]() |
| Trionfo Concert, The Madz, CCP, Oct 8, 2016 |
In August this year, the UP Madrigal Singers won the Grand Prix at the 64th International Choral Competition in Arezzo, Italy.
Last night, October 8, they held a concert at CCP to relive their experience in Arezzo. The concert, TRIONFO, featured the entire selection of songs they performed at the aforementioned European competition.
Although I cannot help but compare this relatively young set of members to the previous batch I also happen to see perform live in a similar concert, Trionfo was worth the anticipation. This concert is their last major concert this year.
Madz is Madz. Every time I watch them perform live, I always float in a different world inside the theater, distant from the noise and haste of the outside world. I was holding back tears at some point during the program, even if I don't understand most of the songs (foreign language). Such is the power of music to touch hearts even if words are unfamiliar.
After the concert, my heart was extraordinarily joyful and overwhelmed at how such beautiful voices can distract breathing pattern and ignite emotions.
Bravissimo.

5 comments:
My father is a fan of this group. He also likes PhilHarmonicOrchestra and the one from Solaire...
I always get to see them on Youtube on Sundays when Papa videostreams... One day, I look forward to taking Paps to one of their live performance :)
I have never seen any of their concerts but I do know that they are brilliantly amazing what with all the awards. I love music and would be watching one when I go back to Manila. Great to hear you enjoyed it.
yccos: Madz would be busy practicing for their 2017 tour and competition so no more big concert for them till Q3 next year I guess. Philharmonic though have regular annual schedule at ccp. Their run this year is on going. You might want to check ticketworld. :)
jonathan: I also love music. I don't sing but I enjoy good music. Madz for one is amazing. I hope you experience listening to them live. Ganda!
Imagine, I am only an hour and a half drive away where thw competition was held. ANd no one knew that the group was here. I am a fan of UPSA. But I've always wanted to see and hear other groups.
The Arezzo prize is considered to be one of the most prestigious awards for choirs.
Post a Comment
talk to me: like fireflies to the moon.